Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Question six

Hi, you guys!!
I'm a little worried about my son. He'll leave for Europe for a backpacking trip tomorrow.
He'll be awat for thirty days. He has some experiences to travel to foreign countries with me.
This time will be the first to go abroad by himself, what's more, a backpacking trip. I'm happy to see he is mature enough to manage that thing himself while I'm a bit tense. He's a sophomore at univ.. Am I too cautious? If you were in my place, what would be like your mind?

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi Tina,
I don't think it's odd for a mother to worry about her son going off to another continent. I'm sure you have raised him well and given him lots of good advice about traveling and making decisions so he'll be fine.

Anonymous said...

Hi noble madam!
Never ever worry about your son.
I let my daughter travel around Canada and America for about one month by herself when she was a sophomore. No problem at all. Last year I took a trip to Idia and I met many university students, even high school students- girl students too-who are having a backpacking trip. That will be a precious experience for him.

James said...

Hi, amzing Tina.
You don't need to worry about your son. He is already grown up and this is a golden chance for him that he can think about life, travel, job and future life. I'm sure he will learn a lot through this trip. There are many young man and even woman who already had similar experiences. Several years ago I met a middle school student in the airplane who were coming from one month trip from New zealand.
Thank you.

Anthony said...

Hi gorgeous Tina sister,
I can understand your worry about your only son. I think you have done your best in bringing up your son. I think detachment is as important as attachment. If attachment has been more important than anything else until now, it's time to practice detachment from now on. Your son should now experience independent activities and decide by himself. It is a little strange to say, it's time for you to start to set him free. Through these processes, he will be more muture and be a reliable person in the future.